will these calipers fit?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric S

Reaction score
i'm gonna be redoing my front brakes soon and i saw this on ebay and was wondering if it will fit. i have a 01 job 2... thanks!

Eric,

Why would you want to spend $300+ for OEM rebuilt calipers? The powder-coating is not worth $200 !!!

You can go down to your local AutoZone, or O'Reily's, perhaps Pep Boys and buy quality rebuilt calipers for as little as $50 each and get a lifetime warranty included.

I have bought rebuilt calipers for as little as $20 with a 50K mile warranty.

No, they are not powder-coated but for $300 you could buy calipers and the equipment to powder-coat your own and still have money left over.

...Rich

that crazy, I have a buddy in GA that will powder coat all four of mine for $150.00

And you could not buy calipers and equipment to powder-coat for under $300, seeing how a powder coating oven is around 3K for a cheapo.

Last edited by a moderator:
An old kitchen oven works fine, you just can't cook food in it any more.

I have a set I want to install, already done in black, and silver brackets. Just waiting til I get my Power Slot rotors and Hawk pads.

i was just looking on ebay and found those. i want to get my brakes done before winter and am shopping around for brake parts. i baught my trac in april and i'm slowly getting to all the maintance stuff. i just want to redo the whole brake setup just to be safe. does anyone have the OEM part numbers for the whole caliper assembly? ... thanks!

KarmaPolice,

I do powder-coating on my EZLift kits and have been doing it for over 5 years.

You can buy a powder-coating gun for as little as $59-$69. You can buy a half pound of your favorite color powder for about $10, and you can buy a nice large toaster oven like I use (mine is actually a rotiserie oven) for about $79. I can fit two calipers in my oven. If you need to do larger items you could get an old used electrice stover/oven.

So it's not crazy, it's simple arithimatic and knowing what you need and where to get it.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts