Will the 2001-2002 sport trac 3" body lift kit also work for the 2003-2005 ST's?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Stevens

Reaction score
i want to get a body lift for my truck but i found one website that sells it

*******see link*************

But if you look up the product number, other places sell it but they say it wont work on the 2005 sport trac. so is this one site incorrect or will it work on my truck because the body of the sport trac didnt change in the first generation or what is the deal whit this???

i have the 2005 ford sport trac adrenalin 4x4 flex fuel

Yep, it's listed for '01-02 but fits '01-05. Just one of those F ups they never fixed on labeling.

I have a 3" BL, 1.75" TT, SL, 15x8" Cragar Soft 8's with 33x12.50x15 GoodYear DuraTrac's. Here's some pictures of stock- lifted and now...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

oh sweet thanks man... i read online that they dont advertise it for the 03-05 because fird said they have too high of a rollover risk when lifted but that doesnt make any sense since they still sell it for the 01-02

Nah, it's just because Performance Accessories didn't bother to test it on the ST models after 2002. They just knew that there weren't any changes to the ST and probably saw no reason to use their resources to test fit it. To avoid any possible lawsuits, they just label it with the ones they actually test fit.

:banana: ok that sounds like a legitemate reason... did either of you experience any gas mileage reduction when you lited your ST's or no... if so did you do anything to help compinsate for the change like install a cold air intake or something like that? and what is the difference between the 77 series CAI and the 57 series CAI (besides ones metal and ones platsic) and the one that our sponsor sells?

I'm not sure about the differences in the 57-77 series other then what your geuss was about the metal-plastic.

I do know the metal "CAI" isn't gonna be as good as the palstic one beacause the thick plastic will keep the hot engine heat out better then the metal one. These are really "True CAI" kits though, Todd Z (site owner and owner of Zabteck Technologies) sales or atleast used to sale True CAI kits. Check his site out...

As far as mpg went with installing the body lift, no, I didn't have any change until I went up to 33" (33x12.50x15) tires from the stock 30" tires (255/70/16).

I have a 4.10 limited slip differential but really need to regear my rearends to 4.56 to compensate for the extra load/ drag on the drivetrain and my mpg will go back to normal.

I really didn't loose much, maybe about 30-40miles per tank, That's a geuss because I don't really know ho many true miles I drive now due to the fact my speedo and odometer is off alittle now.

Slight decrease in mpg because of tires, but not because of the lift. I drove with the body lift and stock tires for a couple weeks and never saw a decrease in mpg. I compensate for the bigger tires by keeping it under 2k rpms as much as possible, very rarely getting over 2,500 rpms.

My opinion is that a CAI will not pay for itself in fuel savings in any amount of logical time frame. It also doesn't do much for power. Waste of money for these bricks on wheels, IMO.

Yeah I had a CAI on mine for a couple years and switched back and fourth to the K&N stock flat filter for the factory box and found that I got better mpg's with the factory box and the K&N filter instead of the CAI.

I have one for sell if you're interested though, There's pictures in my library if you wanna check it out. It's not the K&N tube but it does have the K&N cone filter on it.

have you had any problems with u-joints wearing out due to the TT and Shackle lift due to the angle change of the drive shaft or any other parts for that matter?

If you're 4wd only go a max of 2" TT, if 2wd then you can go 3" TT.

As far as the lift shackles, they only give you a total of 1.5" lift so no dramatic angle changes for either front or rear by doing these.

The hub bearing assembies will get more wear if you go up in tire size and a wheel with alot of offset.

ok i was only going to go for 265/75/16 or 285/75/16 and i was considering putting on 1.5" wheel spacers to help avoid rubbing and to give the wider tire track look.

I have 265/75s and 1.5" wheel spacers. No rubbing, even before the torsion twist.

If your going with 285's get 1.25" spacers, if 265's then your good with 1.5"'s.

I had rubbing issues with the 285's and 1.5"'s on the cladding and toeboard of the cab.

so the 1.25" spacers fit the 285s better than the 1.5"... Ok ill have to get those because im deff. Getting a set of 285s. Any advice for running this size tire on the truck?

Latest posts