Will rear control still work with new audio system?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much the same thing here. The rear controls don't work with my system. I'm kinda glad they don't actually.....my kids were constantly fooling with them by 'accident'....yeah right, and then I would have to go back and try to remember how they worked.

The system I have now has a remote, so I guess I could control everything from the back if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
my company makes an adapter that will allow the rear controls to still work. Peripheral Electronics. i believe that PAC makes the same piece. it will allow you to surf the channels and change radio stations. im almost positive its like having a set of SWC in the rear.

Chet--You are aware that you can toggle the rear controls on and off from the front, by pressing "3" and "5" simultaneously, right? This allows you to prevent meddling kids--or shifting bags of groceries--from unexpectedly adjusting the radio...

Thanx Tony and Bill...yeah I actually have a copy of the project in my console explaining the controls, but I could never remember from one time to the next....my memory just ain't what it used to be...lol. Oh well, doesn't matter now with the new system I got, but thanx again for the info.

Latest posts