Will it fit...?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been shopping around and found a box that I'm interested in putting in the ST, behind the rear seats. Its actually 2 boxes. I am unsure if they will fit back there, so I thought I'd ask if they would before I would make the purchase of them. Course also without going ahead and ripping the stuff out behind the seats as well. Just would like to know if they will fit, so I can make the purchase. If they fit, I will have 4x-JL Audio 10w1v2's in the truck with a Precision Power PCX2400 amp running to them.

Here is the measurements:

HEIGHT 12.5

WIDTH 13.5

TOP DEPTH 2.75

BOTTOM DEPTH 7.25

And I have figured out where to mount my Precision Power PCX2400 and Precision Power PCX440 amp along with a Farad cap.

If these measurements aren't correct. It would be great to hear the right ones, so I know what to look for in future reference. Thanks alot

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you can purchase a prefab box that will fit behind the seats. There is a funny hump in the back wall that requires the box to have a notch.

I very well could be wrong, and I'm not saying this just to sell a box, since I still haven't even gotten my workshop together yet to be able to build any boxes.

If you look in the projects section there is a C.Wells box construction project that has a template and will show the wierd part that I'm talking about.

I gotcha JD. I'm looking round for boxes. I would like to go ahead and finish my stereo up. Those measurements I said. Are they even close to what should be used? I would go ahead and purchase the dual 10" from you, if you were back in service. I am including a link to the dual boxes that I found. I just figured, for how much room the ranger doesn't have behind the seats, that these should fit pretty freakin' well.

Is that funny hump from the window motor or something. I couldn't really tell what you were talking about in the projects section. I did look, but still uncertain.

Alright, thanks for the picture. It looks like it won't fit. Oh well, thought I'd give it a try. So when you thinking bout coming back in business? lol

I'm hoping to have my workshop area up and running this week. I've got a few honeydo projects but when I tell the wife money comes first she'll understand :) However I'm pretty sure I have a few boxes lined up already. But if everyone is getting the same thing then it's no big deal.

Latest posts