WHY is this so difficult!?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Tucker

Reaction score
OK,

So I just bought a new 80GB ipod, which im really excited about getting hooked up in my truck. The only problem is I can find a bloody system that works!! I recently bought a radio transmitter/docking station that plugs into the cigarette lighter and charges the ipod as it transmits.. well sweet, but it got in the way of the shifter so I turned it, cant see the ipod screen anymore, but my passenger could. no matter, i start driving and wouldnt you know, every bump in the road i hit the damn thing keeps shutting off and restarting - most annoying thing ever created, so i bring it back, get my money back and look for what I wanted in the first place - a tape adapter that I used to use with my portable CDplayer back when CD stereos weren't standard in vehicles.

So I find one of these tape things, buy it, get in the truck and plug my ipod in (its no longer being charged or held as it plays) and it plays great for about 2 mins of the first song and then the tape starts switching sides and it spits it out saying theres an error the whole way home. after jamming it back in the tape slot a million times it starts to play again, only this time the signal is MONO!!! WTF!? So now i have to bring THAT back, get my money back AGAIN and find another solution!

I want to keep my stock stereo, whats the best way to hook up this ipod?!?! HELP

Or,

FMM-100 Direct Connect

WORKS WITH ALMOST ANY CAR RADIO

There many LOUSY FM modulators on the market that really suck! Because this one is a DIRECT CONNECT it is very very good.. has RCA inputs

Use the AIP-RCA with this item for your ipod

8f16371bd53a797ab61f3c9539d646b0.jpg

8-track went out with the dark ages. You'll have to make your own adapter

I still have a fairly unused Sony 8-track recorder-player, boxed up. I will sell if anyone intrested..:lol:

Who could keep 8-tracks? The stupid things wore out after 15 or 20 playings anyway! Except for that Beach Boys Endless Summer tape a friend of mine had in his Road Runner. It was the only tape he had, so he just left it in the player. It played endlessly for at least two years! I still can't hear the end of a Beach Boys song without expecting the next one to start playing from the tape!:wacko:

Shaun, I did not read all of the details but they have MANY wire harnesses and what not available, I would be shocked if they could not help you...

The item I posted a picture of, is nothing more than a means to break into the antenna of your system, so it would work with any radio application from what I see.

Latest posts