Which sub woofer out of these 2?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derrick Townsend

Reaction score
Aight guys i found some one who makes a single 10" box for the 07's that fits under the back seat. The thing is that its really small so i have narrowed my choose of subs down to the following 2. Any words of advice between the 2?

Audiobahn...

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3623.html

And clarion...

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2006/audio/subwoofers/PFW1051/us-en-product-pf_1134643389272.html

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a Rockford Fosgate P2 10". Its such a good Sub, lots of bass. If I remember right the depth on it is 5.6", but there is a magnet cover that is purely cosmetic. I removed it and I believe it makes it about 5.2-5.3" maybe even less. The RF, is only $140 too. IMO, i would go RF or JL or something.

Boodro

I have a rf power series amp which is rated at 800rms if i was going to use the audiobahn. I also have a rf amp rated at 300rms if i was to use the clarion.

JD have you started production of any boxes?

No I don't have anything I can do for you on an 07. Just trying to give you some options for subs.

I just picked up an assassin 10 from the link below. It sounds great in my wifes car (01 neon) only getting about 200 watts. It shakes her rear view pretty good.

I'm in the process of making a box for my ST for it. I'll let you know how it sounds in there but so far from hearing it in her car I'm VERY impressed and at $70 bucks its a steal.

They are a small company that I heard about on a car audio site similar to this site.

They also have a model up the Arsenal but the mounting depth might be too much for you.

Thanks jd but i think my mounting depth is a little less than what is needed for that sub. Good stuff though i have never heard of that company before but it looks like quality stuff.

I think i may go with the clarion, they have quality stuff right. I dont need mind pounding bass but i do want some quality bass.

LSU, use the larger(more powerful) amp for either woofer and tune accordingly. This will avoid the need to crank up the gain.

Of those choices, myself I would go for the cheaper Clarion. I think people pay way to much for sub-woofers. I mean come on now, we are not talking about much range. I paid a whopping $50 (off ebay) for my 10" sub and it sounds exactly the same as some I've heard costing 4 or 5 times as much.

All subs do not sound the same. I just finished my box for my 10" Assassin which will be replacing 3 RF P1's (all 10's) the sound is INCREDIBILY different. The Assassin walks all over the P1's in everything except loudness which is only because I'm going from 3 down to 1. A good speaker is a good speaker no matter what small range it plays in. It will be a noticable difference.

I guess it depends on how you listen to music. If your like some of the "players" that drive around with what seems like nothing but window shattering bass emitting from their vehicles then maybe you can tell the difference. If you use a sub like me, just to compliment your regular speakers and provide the lows they are not capable of then I still say there is very little difference.

I'm not saying there are not some really crappy subs out there that even I wouldn't touch but spending $300 for a sub is ridiculous to me. I'd rather put my money into the head unit or amp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well clarion has a good trac record for atleast making decent subs. And audiobahn has had mixed reveiws. SOme good some bad. But like i said before i want bass but not super loud bass.

Does anyone have any issue with clarion as far as qualiy or sound?

I have two Audiobahn 10s I got on eBay for $120. Anyone who heard em at the L'ville meet could tell you they don't sound bad for the price, especially in a box with a total of .7 cu ft.

Latest posts