which ciol should I buy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Aloha folks, a mechanic said that the coil on my wife's Jeep looks ratty and will fail soon. So I am finding coils from $9 to $80. Does anybody have an idea how I can find out the difference and which to buy. I am sure that from the dealer it will be hundreds.

Thanks

Lets check this out.

A "mechanic" said something looks ratty and will "fail soon"..........

Find a second opinion...... Sounds like he is scamming you.

Only way we can help is give us the vehicle and motor and maybe some one can research for you....

Good luck.

Todd Z

I've seen plenty of "ratty" electronic parts that work just fine. I've also seen new-looking electronic parts that have failed. Go to RockAuto or Amazon for parts. Replacing ignition parts is fairly easy; may as well get plugs and plug wires too.

You could always clean it up so it doesnt look ratty and maybe it will last another ten years! lol Just kidding. Hope its just a bad appearance and not causing any problems. :driving: There are a lot of different Jeep models and years and engines so we need a lot more information. :argue:

Last edited by a moderator:
more information, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5.2L V8, 90K miles. With less than 100K I don't remember doing the plugs and wires. I don't think that I want an $8 one but is $80 more than I need? Ths Ed

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # UF97

$31.79 At Rock Auto.

Todd Z

thanks Tod, that one looks different but I guess it will work

Latest posts