Which Bulldog remote start is best? Stonemiser?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Heckler

Reaction score
Any thoughts on which unit is best for remote start and security? Their web site lists at least 5 different units. My girl friend got a new 2007 CRV and I would like to install one for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
ScoTt, Tell ya what I'm planning to do. I'm going to get one off E-bay. They have one for $68 + shipping. (just about what the RS-700 sells for at K-Mart) It's the one that has a 1/2 mile range and comes with 2 remotes. One is just the plain remote, and the other is a LED screen. I just put in a RS-700 over the weekend for someone and it is the bottom line. It will just start the car. I was able to get almost 800ft (advertised for 400ft range)away by running a wire up the door sill. You will need the following along with the starter:

1. Bipass for the security

2. extra key for the bipass. (transponder), unless you get a programmable bipass.

It's up to you on how much money you want to spend on it. Especially since you are doing the work yourself. If you have any questions, just ask. I'll do what I can to help ya out.

Here is a link to the one on E-Bay.;)

Get the RS1200...Good features, install is easy..Make sure and get the T-harness..cuts install time by WAY over half!!

Latest posts