Which 6 x 8's have the Best Bass??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hart

Reaction score
This is a question for those of you who have aftermarket headunits, and are running a custom subwoofer in the back.

I currently have Pioneer TS-A6882R on all four doors. I blew the woofers on the ones I put in the rear doors. To compensate for that blown woofer I've set my new headunit to impose an HPF (High Pass Filter) starting at like 80Hz and this has clear-up that issue... but it is robbing me of some boom I want back.

The doors are amp @ 50W RMS @ 4 Ohms, so I want a replacement pair that's at least 60W RMS @ 4 Ohms.

I'm currently considering these models:

=========================

Pioneer Premier TS-D802P

Clarion SRQ6830C

I want to know if any of you have these installed and if you think these handle boomin' Rap and HipHop bass tones righteously.

Also... I'd like to hear from anyone else around here who is basshead audiophile and has a recommendation for some other models not listed here.

Thanks a lot... and hope you have a great New Years!

I believe MTX came out with door speakers that produced such a sound that it almost was as if you had subs. i cant remember what they were but check it out.

MTX makes a good bass speaker. If you run a sub(s) JL makes some great comps. I've heard Image Dynamic, JL, MTX, Memphis, Cadence, Alpine, Infinity Kappa, Hertz and JBL in person.

All great sounding speakers. I think Hertz was the best but they are insanely expensive.

Most of the above brands actually sound worse when substituted for OEM without a front stange amp. They move more air. They are more dense, thicker and heavier than OEM and they require more power to move.

I can vouch for the Premier TS-D802p. I ran 4 of these for about a month without the sub. Immaculate sound across the sprectrum. At the time I was running about 60 watts RMS to each speaker. I now run 75 watts RMS to them...

[Broken External Image]:

I agree with downsouth about avoiding low frequencies with the door speakers if you're going to install a sub since it's the sub's job to get those frequencies out. I'm running a low pass filter to the 6x8s to get more of that midrange to high frequency out there.

But yeah, the Premiers are awesome speakers :smile0012:

My main goal is acquiring new ones that give me the lowest sounding lows. If I could, I'd put the 6 x 9's I recently got for my wifes XTERRA. Those are AMAZING! The Kenwood 3-ways with "Image Enhancer". They sound like mini-subs! No joke!

I'll scope out those brands suggested by all. I have a feeling I'll end-up gravitating back to the Pioneer Premiers though... seeing as how I'm soo please with my Shallow 10" woofer.

But ya never know, right? I was hoping somebody knew the hot ticket to get that's cheaper than thos TS-D802P's

Another thing... for me personally... they don't have to be insanely piercing in their highs. for some reason ultra strong highs irritate my ears in nothin' flat. Go figure.

Latest posts