What they going to dowith them

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
Executive order to close Gitmo already signed.

What are they going to do with the terrorist????:wacko:

I would wager an exucutive pardon and trip home for most..

I figure they'll bring em to the U.S. and mix them in with the regular prison population. Won't that be sweet? The thing is, former Pres Bush should have taken care of this BEFORE he left office IMO!

:blink:

Why would Bush dismantle Gitmo because the incoming administration came to power? Bush believed in Gitmo. Also, IIRC, it was tried with many to send them home, but thee was no "home" and no country would accept them.

Note - I'm not going to debate with anyone whether Gitmo shuld exist or not.

On the local news (Beaumont area), it appears we may get some of them here in the Federal prison just about a mile or two away. Aren't we lucky???

Some of those guys are being held with no charges, based on "classified evidence". So, they won't tell them what they're suspected of and won't tell them what evidence they have to indefinitley hold them.

If you think, well, tough for them, they're not US citizens; it couldn't happen to us, you'd be incorrect. I remember a few years back a US sailor with a very high security clearance was charged with espionage, but the gov't wouldn't allow him to get legal representation due to the "classified' evidence.

He sat in jail for years before the charges were dropped.

I say charge/try them or let them go. This is a very slippery slope of "justice". We need to regain our respect for the law, our constitution and morals.

wouldnt it be cool to have guys like this running around in the US once they are released

They are not US Citizen nor does the Geneva Convention apply since they were not uniformed combatants fighting under control of a country.

The terrorists have waged a war that we really haven't seen before.

Gitmo simply dragged on too long and in the shadows of Abu Graib, the anti-bush

anti-war media wouldn't let it go.

We needed speedy war crime trials, and swift justice, which didn't happen.

If they were placed in Rikers, they probably wouldn't last a few weeks.

We should have set up a prison in the outskirts of the Iraqi desert,

but what fun would that be? Now the terrorists know what it's like to endure

hurricanes! That must have been fun for them.:cool:

as long as they dont come up here...:blink:

Not a great move on the new president's part IMO, but it will appeal to many people whose opinions are dicated by which way the media swings.

Omar Khadr, a "canadian" detained at Gitmo was undergoing some intense trials that were making the headlines up here. He killed a US soldier (maybe a couple) in Afghanistan by throwing a grenade during combat. He has been trying to get repatriated and tried as a civilian in Canada.

Read the link --> scary stuff..

Thanks Obuma

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the following will happen with these prisoners:

1. They will all be set free.

2. They will be sent to other countries detention facilities and perhaps then be set free if that country chooses.

3. They will be sent to the USA where we already have overcrowded prisons which means we will either have to build new prisons or let many of our current prisoners out.

None of those options are good. Perhaps someone has another plan?

TomT said:
None of those options are good. Perhaps someone has another plan?

I think that our new government should give them jobs as gardeners and housekeepers at the White House. :D

Here's the answer...

Murtha Says He'd Take Guantanamo Prisoners in His District

Rep. Jack Murtha volunteers to house prisoners from Guantanamo Bay in his Pennsylvania district, as President Obama prepares to order the shut-down of the facility.

Murtha Says He'd Take Guantanamo Prisoners in His District.

I already mentioned on another board that Murtha is probably just eyeballing more Federal pork for his district to build a new prison. That's how his mind works.

The econ is tanking and were concerned about terrorists! WTH! My entire democrat family is spitting mad! Were concern about terrorist rights? Can't say that I'm not surprised but come on fix the economy! That's why you were elected!

Rich L, TomT is right about that. This is the land of the rednecks where 2 out 3 pickups carry rifles in the rack. Most likely the most CC liscensed people in the country.:lol:

Latest posts