What the h*** are some people thinking?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not agree with the issue at all...

And I'll be damned but this time I think Bush is right (shudders):

"One of the great things about America is that we've been able to take people from all walks of life bound as one nation under God. And that's the challenge ahead of us."

I think this british producer wants to take advantage off the current turmoil and make some cash...

I, for one, would not like to hear the Mexican national anthem in English, or French or any other language... Translated? yes, for communication and understanding purposes, but not sung...

Hey, maybe it will help more folks remember the words. It appears most Americans don't.

Get pissed at this:

Nearly two in three Americans (61%) don’t know all of the words to the Star Spangled Banner

The problem about this "immigration issue" is that there are too many damn politicians raking hay about it. After all there are potential voters are there for the taking. I am a legal immigrant here in the US that went through all the necessary paperwork and "red-tape" before I even stepped on American soil. Unlike my illegal counterparts who comes here illegally by crossing the border or by obtaining "tourist" visas then becomes abscunders by overstaying then wait for amnesty. I believe in "earned" immigration. You want to be part of this great society, then contribute to it to earn to part of that society. Mind you there are millions of illegal immigrants here, and they even do not pay taxes.

As long as it is done in good taste and for respect, then I see no problem with singing any country's national anthom in any language.

The re-mix that replaces the words to try to forward the artists political agenda though? Nasty!!! That is just in poor taste.

I'm a naturalized citizen as my mom went through similar process as Vigilantes. The official language is English, therefore, sing the anthem of the nation in the official language. No way does living in this nation and your ethnic group growing translate to changing the language of the official anthem of the nation you choose to live in. Apply like all the legal people, legally contribute (pay taxes, serve in military, etc.), and abide by the national customs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan,

Just an FYI, English is the official language of 26 states, but the USA does not have an 'official language' per se.

The English Language Unity Act of 2001, if enacted, would require "nearly all federal official government business to be conducted in English, and all documents to be printed in English, while protecting individual constitutional rights."

But AFAIK, the bill is stuck somewhere in the house of reps....

My Great Grandparents came over here from Italy and they had to learn it in English, there was Italian version of the Star Spangled Banner. And besides, they wanted to learn English. It is an American song to be sung in English. Nuff Said!

Ape Out.

Latest posts