~ What a difference 4yrs Makes!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
What a difference four years makes -- what a great media we have

> Headlines on This Date 4 Years Ago:

"Republicans spending $42 million on inauguration while troops Die in unarmored Humvees"

"Bush extravagance exceeds any reason during tough economic times"

"Fat cats get their $42 million inauguration party, Ordinary Americans get the shaft"

> Headlines Today:

"Historic Obama Inauguration will cost only $120 million"

"Obama Spends $120 million on inauguration; America Needs A Big Party"

"Everyman Obama shows America how to celebrate"

"Citibank executives contribute $8 million to Obama Inauguration"

Citigroup got 45 billion in the first round of bailouts (your money) are going ahead with plans to purchase a 50 mil, corp jet:wacko:

Citigroup got 45 billion in the first round of bailouts (your money) are going ahead with plans to purchase a 50 mil, corp jet

This jet was actually ordered two years ago, and they're just now taking delivery.

Citigroup decided to get its new wings two years ago, when the financial-services giant was flush with cash, but it still intends to take possession of the jet this year despite its current woes, the source said.

The media loves to exploit stories like this to demagogue the "evil, greedy" corporations, but this is nothing compared to the load of bull squeeze that we're being sold by both Congress and President Obama as an "economic stimulus" bill. There's a ton of pork in that bill that has nothing to do with "stimulating the economy". Yet we've heard very little from the media about this waste of taxpayer $$$. :angry:

So before you start buying into the class warfare and getting upset with any private corporations, look first towards your elected officials and see how they're actually spending your tax dollars.

honestly i am loosing all care about these subjects. it happened because it happened. so now i just wake up. i sling my rifle and heard toward the battlefields. everything around me might crash but i won't. those who don't crash will be the ones capable of rendering the disaster. it's all circular. eventually the fat will be trimmed off and the lean left to operate. till then lock n' load.

Latest posts