1. Welcome to the new home for MySportTrac.com!

Please click here to find all the info about the move to the new site!

To access your account you will need to reset your password here

Welcome to the new home for MySportTrac.Com!

Thread in 'Site News & Feedback' started by Okuma, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Okuma

Okuma Administrator Staff Member

Welcome!

Welcome to SportTrac.org, the new home of The Sport Trac Website! This site is just MySportTrac.com with a new name and running on new software. All your posts and messages from MySportTrac.com should be safe and sound. :D

To access your account you will need to reset your password, you can do that by entering your email address here: https://www.sporttrac.org/lost-password/

After you reset your password you can login with your email address and new password. If you'd like to get your old username back you can change it here once you are logged in: https://www.sporttrac.org/account/UserNameChange

You do not need to provide a reason, just do the name change and click submit. Once you submit it I will approve it and it will be changed, you will not lose any of your information.

If you have any trouble resetting your password please feel free to email me at thomas@sporttrac.org.

Introduction

Hi everyone! My name is Thomas Davis and I have a partner name of Ben and we have a small company that owns/operates a few small online forums. Recently we were introduced to mysporttrac.com and the owners Todd and George with the idea that we might be able to help fix some of the issues the site had been having. As you may know the old site was running on pretty old software and was in need of a refresh. After discussing a few different options with Todd & George we all decided that the best way to proceed was for Ben and I to purchase the forum, which we did back in October. Since then we've been working on getting SportTrac.org up and running and then bringing over all the information from the old site to the new one. That's the point we are at now.

What to Expect?

As it is now you should have access to all your old posts and messages, and you should be able to do a lot more things than you could on the old site, but it does look a little boring. :D Before today we were working on getting the site functional and now that it is, we can start putting on some polish. Over the next few days we'll work on a new logo, add some new color options for the site style, fix any bugs or errors you may find, and add a few more features than we have right now. We'll also be working on bringing over all the projects from the old site but it may take a couple weeks to get that done.

We'll also be reorganizing some of the forums so they make more sense with the new layout. If you have any suggestions please let us know in this thread.

If you have any questions, concerns, bug reports, anything at all, please let me know. You can post in here or message me privately.

Thanks and welcome to SportTrac.Org!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Rob Lamb and Todd Z like this.
  2. Okuma

Okuma Administrator Staff Member

It looks like a few people have made it over, what do you think so far? :D

3. test test

test test Member

Can you hear me now?

4. Todd Z

Todd Z Well-Known Member 2nd Gen Owner V6 Engine

I can log in, was able to change password, Several people on the FB page say they are just having trouble remembering the actual emails they used and they want to use their screen name not real name. Also where can we find our photo library. Thanks

5. A1cntrler

A1cntrler Previously Larry Dobie 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

The problem is that it was asking for name or email address. I had tried my forum name, but it was asking for my real name instead of forum name. I was able to remember which e-mail I used and was able to get it changed. Hopefully my request to change my user name to the one I used on the old forums is approved. Like the forums so far, but there will be a learning period for everyone I'm sure! Also looking for the photo library.

Keith S likes this.
  6. Nelson Atwell

Nelson Atwell Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

7. Nelson Atwell

Nelson Atwell Well-Known Member 1st Gen Owner V6 Engine

Thank you for preserving our old data and profiles. I'm sure it wasn't easy. The new site looks nice and clean.

Keith S likes this.
  8. Tobashadow

Tobashadow Member

I just made a new one no issue

9. TrainTrac

TrainTrac Previously Andy Harpst 2nd Gen Owner 2 Wheel Drive V8 Engine

It's looking good so far. I assume that the migration from the old site is still in progress, and that we'll see our pictures and other files from the old site on here eventually, right?

10. Lou M

Lou M Previously Lou Medina 2nd Gen Owner V8 Engine

I had the old site saved as a favorite. When I selected it, I was sent to a page that said "forbidden You don't have permission to access /mysporttrac/ on this server.". At first I thought that the site was temporarily down. After a few days I tried again and was given the same page. I did notice that in the web address there was this... "https://www.sporttrac.org/mysporttrac/" So I deleted the "/mysporttrac/" portion and was redirected to the new site.
    I suggest that you might want to send an email to all member email addresses with a message that we are on a new server with the new link.
    I'm glad I found you all. I have saved quite a bit of money and time using this forum.
    LouM

11. Choptop

Choptop Member 2nd Gen Owner 4 Wheel Drive V8 Engine

Just found the forum, love it, looking at purchasing an Adrenaline. Thanks for your work on the forum.