Weird stuff

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casper II

Reaction score
OK, after 67,000+ error-free miles, hop in the Trac this am after it sat for about 6 days. Turn the key, starts fine and immediately two of the doors lock?? A clicking sound comes from under the dash. Noticed no tach operation, then all tach works and all is well. Pulled out to find the tripodometer had reset to 0. Nothing else reset or inop. No codes and ran fine all day. Got any clues for this and was it just a fluke or will I see this again?

Agree . . . somethings up w/the battery.

Check and see if your terminal posts have a build up of corrosion.

- rduckjr -

I just had the same thing happen to my Trac, truck started fine and when my wife went to get back in it the battery had no juice. The aftermarket alarm keep going off and when she would try and start it, the trip was reset to zero and the gauge needles were jumping.

Jumped the truck and all was fine, replaced the battery and all was well.

If your battery is older than 3-1/2 years, it is already on borrowed time. Time to head to AutoZone for a nice group 65 Duralast Gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Thanks to those that chimed in. I went to Autozone, replaced battery with the 65-DLG.....pricy, but really good warranty. Thanks Gavin. :grin: Now it's sit back and wait to see if that truly was the problem. (I think so after 7 1/2 years on the original battery. The green/red battery button clearly on the red side!) This is really a good site to be associated with.

850 cold cranking amps ought to start up a frigid Bionic Woman! Pricey, but they all are these days. Might as well spend a few bucks more and get a good one.