Water from exhaust?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George T

Reaction score
Should I be concerned if water is coming from the exhaust? Even if the engine is warm and its approximately 70 degrees outside?

Ive heard it could be a bad head gasket, is that a possibility?

2004 ST 4x4 88,xxx miles

Thank you

It's the result of exhaust mixing with the Catalytic Convertor.

Exhaust = CO2 + H2O(Water) + plus other random crap.

When I had my Mustang, we would be happy if the pipes looked like a kid peeing from the back. That ment we would pass emissions test.

How does your oil look George? White = Water, not good.

Last edited by a moderator:
The engine oil? That looks fine. I looked in the radiator too to see if it has any spots of oil, and it looked fine.

Just maybe I havent noticed it before, or maybe its because I dont drive the ST that much, maybe like 20 miles a week.

Its just water forming in the exhaust, if you had a blown head gasket it would smoke because it was being burnt in the cylinder.

Normal this time of year, it gets cooler at night at foggy/damp forming moisture in the exhaust which gets pushed out over time even if the engine is warm.

It's the result of exhaust mixing with the Catalytic Convertor.

Exhaust = CO2 + H2O(Water) + plus other random crap.

When I had my Mustang, we would be happy if the pipes looked like a kid peeing from the back. That ment we would pass emissions test.
What does moisture out the pipes have to do with passing emissions

99% of the time it is just condensation being vented while the engine is running.

Latest posts