warranty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy reilly

Reaction score
I know some are against extended warranties but I'm going to by a Ford ESP. After shopping around I found a 6/100,000 premium care with a $50 deductible for $1180. Piece of mind. The highest was $2280 for a 3rd party warranty even though I specifically asked for a Ford ESP.

i think you did great - I have sold finance products for years and know from my own experiance what the little pin in the ass things can add up to - Nav, rear sliding window, plus the little things that annoy us - the big stuff is nice too have covered as well...

That is a fair price. But the power train already has 6/60k warranty. So most likely the warranty will only be good for those little things.

It is all a personal descision. If I was to buy one it would be the ford esp premium. I dont care for third party. Too many freinds had trouble with third party waranties.

I admit I had the esp premium on my '04. Never needed it.

Knock on wood. My trac never had to go in for anything. Except a free oil change. So I gambled with my esp. I paid about the same price in '04. That is why I said, you got a good price.

I have had no issues so far with my trac. We bought the ford esp for my wife's 08 escape and it has paid off. She has had all 4 window cables break at different times. She also had issues with her sunroof. I hope I won't need it.