Truxxx Lift Installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
Got my Truxxx lift installed last week. Truxxx has it on sale directly from them for $198 right now. Couldn't pass it up. Will get bigger tires when these wear out, still working on figuring out what will fit.

e9e5b86a6bf22ddebdeac05258bc4d96.jpg

Shop charged me $265 to install which included an alignment and two new lower front strut bolts from Ford because they had to cut the old ones off. The tech allowed that on balance it was a em effer to do because of the difficulty of getting all the lower strut bolts out. #RustBeltLife

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good - I am interested in seeing the truck with new shoes on it. Any idea on what size or kind you are going with?

I purchased General Grabber AT2s - they were much cheaper than BFG ATs. Visually they look similar, I really like the ride, traction and wear so far. Some food for thought.

CHRIS CAS

I agree... Looks good!

I just put my gen1 in the shop today. Already have a 3" body lift running on 32" tires with factory 16s. Just put it in the shop to get body bushings done, all new Moog Upper/Lower control arms with ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, sway bar bushings and of course the best part... a 4" SuperLift kit.

After it is said and done... next will be 20x10 rims and hopefully 37x12.50/20 tires.

The kit says it will fit 32" tires. I was hoping to fit 33's, 305/65-17 which are about 32.6" but after playing with the tape measure I'm not sure and my bud at the tire shop opines that they will make the truck look lower if they fill up too much fenderwell. At the very least I will get 265/70-17's, 31.5", on 17x8 or 8.5 wheels.

I'm thinking I'll get wheels first because the stock size tires I have now will fit on 17x8's. I will probably need new tires before next winter so I will get 265/70-17 BFG A/T's or in the same Firestone A/T's I have now, put them on the OE wheels for winter, then put the new tires on the new wheels next Spring.

I've pretty much decided on this:

926dc8971e2fd7ce01edc72e8b68e4d8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts