Truxx lift specs?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Can someone who has installed this set up please tell me how much lift it adds? It's going on a 2010 Limited with the 4.6. The company tells me the rear adds about an inch. Not sure how that is possible. The spacer is about an 1.5". Not sure the rear ratio, but it has to be more then 1 to 1. How bad are the C/V axle angles? How soon do the boots fail or even the joints? How many miles have some of you have had a lift kit on? This is the start of many mods I have for the truck.
Thanks for any help and advice with this.

the ratio is different and not 1-1, especially in the front... They are 2 different suspensions. I am running the Monroe struts, ( added 1" because Monroe sucks) then the Truxxx kit. I had no choice but to make my own Upper control arms, ( Im not giving BTF $700 of my money) and Truxxx was nice enough to make me custom spacers. Check out my media, I have tons of pics of all the work to get as high as I am.

I have seen your very nice build. I have seen the BTF UCA and while a lot of great work went into them. With out a stock type ball joint, they are not an option for me. Also some have had bushing issues. Sometimes it's hard to beat stock parts for everyday use.

My plans are to use one inch spindle spacers and stock UCA with new ball joints. How do the C/V shaft angle look?

As always, thanks for you advice.

That’s why I stayed away to and went my route. Are the ball joint spacers even available for the sporttrac. It has that stupid nut on the top of the joint and it’s a pencil thin shaft that is different then any ball joint around. And it seems accurate and the others websites are down so I can’t look. I like them, just don’t know about it staying in place, not loosening, and properly fitting.

Under normal conditions the axle shaft angles are fine. It’s when you get the full extension or compression where your going to have problems. My rear axles at full extension just kiss the frame. I don’t go off Road so I’ll say it’s ok but probably at max angle and I would not go any more. The fronts in a clover leaf at good speed kick on the roll stability control. Lol.

I was afraid of axle problems. I will be going off road. I am keeping my stock 65,000 mile old springs front and back. I will be installing Rancho struts. So I will not be as high as your truck. I may go with less of a front lift if it keeps the axle angle happy. I don't care if the front is level with the back. I tow a off road trailer and carry stuff when I travel.

I am making the spacer myself. I saw the one you mentioned. It was a tall ask for that set up. They had plenty of thread contact, but no means of locking the stud part of the joint. Also all the extra side load on the stud of the spacer with that long extension.

I am going with the Movetech ball joints. There uppers has 80 degrees of swing. The Moog only has 76 degrees. 4 extra degrees from center can't hurt. I haven't done the math on how much the one inch spacer helps yet. Between both it is better then a stock UCA set up.

Thanks for your input.

Ok good luck. Then you will not be too high. Google has a lot of info on the strut spacers. Worst case buy a set and return on amazon. Lol.
Keep us posted and ask questions any time. Pm me too if you like.

Thank you and I will take you up the PM. We are planning a 8,000 mile overlanding trip. Arizona, Colorado and Utah are some of the states.

After the lift is done. I have front and rear torsen LSD along with 3.73 gears. Looking at 32 or 33 tires.

Lots of work to do this summer.

All in a weekend man..lol

Got the spacers done today. Have not installed them yet. Looking at local bone yards for a set of spindles. I used green relaxed fit bearing mount to install the ball joints in the spacer/bolt. Then I drilled it for a 1/8 inch split pin to make sure the ball joint doesn't unscrew.

On to the next step soon.

Attachments

• _20190527_175822.JPG
    _20190527_175822.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 236
  • _20190527_175956.JPG
    _20190527_175956.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 242
  • _20190527_180246.JPG
    _20190527_180246.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 244
Man, that's scary looking...... Not sure I would ever run that..... $90 for new extended ball joints, press to arm, clip and tack weld like factory and 10 min of drilling the knuckle with a tapered bit seems a lot safer....:)