Transmission project submission delayed (sorry)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
Several weeks ago I worked on my transmission because I was getting the notorious flare. Before it got any worse I dropped the pan and the valve body to perform the "rebuild" modification. I took lots of pictures so I could submit a project for it, but to this day I have not been able to sit down and write it up. I gave my word I would so I offer my sincere apologies here for not having delivered. I still plan on writing this project but I'm afraid that with the days going by, so does my memory of the minute details of my experience with the job. This will probably affect the quality of the write up. Again, my apologies.

There are new posts here regarding transmission problems and I wish I could offer them a project to refer to. But all I have are pics, part numbers, and a vague recollection. I will gladly provide these for anyone interested.

FYI: Doing this project made a significant improvement. I cannot say that the flair totally disappeared because very, very, very rarely, it will slip discretely (most other drivers would probably never notice it). But the project made a big difference nonetheless. Is there a greater problem that exists with the 5R55E (mine anyways)? Maybe. But at least I know that performing this job, alleviates it and perhaps prevent major problems for another 100K miles and more! Another thing, after doing this job, the trans stopped hesitating going into overdrive as well.

Latest posts