Trailer Brake Controller Wiring (Question)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Campbell

Reaction score
I have my brake controller and new 7 prong plug wired and installed except the brake wire. This is the wire that goes from the controller to some point under the dash for the brake light signal. Can anyone tell me which wire to splice into under there? There is a plug that connects to the brake pedal that has several wires attached. Do I splice into one of these or is there a more convenient place?

Thanks,

Rob

Youdo need to splice onto one of the wires at the brake light switch. Test the wires

witha test light, you want the wire that only has power when the brake pedal is deppressed.

When pedal is released light should go out. Also double check the wire with turn signals on and make sure the test light doesn't falsh also, this will cause pulsing trailer brakes. Hope this helps.

Brian

go to your fuse panel on the side of the dash and tap into the fuse labels CHMSL-AUX, which is the feed for this purpose. do not tap into the wires at the brake switch. they are all ground referenced and will cause a short on some controllers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts