TPMS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
no idea what category to put this in but ill try here.

I need to disable the TPMS system so that i can get rid of the message and light. I could just remove the bulb but that doesnt fix the message. I know on my BMW and Mercedes i was able to find a simulator to fix the passenger seat sensor. It basically told the computer there was always a passenger there so it would just always go off. $200 compared to $1000 for a sensor? yes please.

So the questions are 1. is there a simulator or work around out there. 2. can someone with the right software disable it in the ECU it for me "off the books"

Now to address the inevitable comments from people:

NO it is not a felony or illegal for ME to disable it. It was required by law that the manufacturer puts these systems in. And dealers cannot disable them, but no it is NOT a felony for me to do whatever i want with my truck.

Cars have not had TPMS for 100 years and its all-been just fine. I am smart enough to check my own tire pressure.

So please keep your comments to yourself if you disagree with what im asking, im looking for answers to a problem not your opinion on why i shouldn't do it.

Andrew,

I cant help, but I agree. The government and the manufactors are taking common sense away from the driver. There are so many things in development, that sooner or latter the government will make these trinkets mandantory.

I hate the fact that my Harley has an electronic throttle. Hopefully it never fails, I cant make it limp home. Like I have with mechanical.

Just curious what is causing the light to come on? Do you have a faulty sensor or did you change to a different set of wheels without the sensors? You can buy used factory TPMS sensors on eBay which might be a less expensive option than trying to disable the system. Not saying I disagree with you, I don't. Just offering another option.

I would buy the kit off ebay where the valve stem gets replaced with a sensor, it comes with the program tool and Just install them and done.....( not that expensive)

Way better then trickery.

Todd Z

Another option would be to buy used Motorcraft TPMS sensors which is what I did when I installed the original wheels from my 99 Cobra on my '07 ST. I did not need to buy a programmer as the one the tire shop had for the factory sensors worked fine.

Here's the original topic when I did mine:

Here's the current eBay auction for the same setup I used. The price is a little higher than what I paid but still a great deal.

Latest posts