TPMS QUESTIONS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake Esken

Reaction score
I purchased an 07 ST but I want to add larger tires on it (BF Goodrich All Terrains). I will be replacing the 18" rims too. If I replace the tires and rims, will the TPMS light permanently stay on? Is there a way to disconnect it at all? Will it even turn on if I replace both the tire and rim? PLEASE HELP!!

I have an 07 also. I change my rims and tires for the summer time. The TPMS warning does come on because it doesn't detect the sensors. I am presently looking at getting a TPMS for my aftermarket rims and tires. As far as I know, there is no way to bypass the TPMS.:angry:

LOL...thinking about the previous post about stupid questions...

Are there any TPMS hacks out there that will allow you to move the sensors off the wheels/outside the tires and still allow the TPMS to think everything is fine? I know they work off of RF and I have some experience setting up RF netwroks.

I know the simple solution would be to find the light behind the dash and bypass it/remove it, but that still does not take care of computer warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bigger wheels/tires on my '07 as well. My light comes on randomly, it gets annoying I agree. I am also looking to get the sensors put inside my after market wheel/tire set up.

The plastic housing over the gauge cluster is removable, easily, by pullling on it. It is held in with clips. After that, a few bolts will free the cluster. You can twist the bulb and socket out of the back of the console that lights up. Take the bulb out of the socket and put the socket back in the cluster. No more warning light for the tire pressure.