Towing Tune

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garry Moss

Reaction score
Hey Peeps

Going camping this week and going to tow a pop uo camper. I have a tow tune for my tuner by Torrie that Im going to try but my question is can I contiunue to run the tune without towing anything for a few days while Im camping? Only reason Imask is everytime I flash a tume to the truck I have to disconnect the battery to reset my tranny otherwise it runs like crap :)

I've never used a towing tune, Always just left my performance tune in there, BUT with that said, Yes you can use the tune and not tow..... there is not much difference between them.

Todd Z

I just put the towing tune in my computer so I can tow my backhoe. Still have it in there and don't notice anything different.

I've recently went to the Dunes towing a utility trailer loaded with ATV's. I have Torrie's tunes. Ran the Performance tune instead of the Tow tune, Didn't like how the transmission was shifting. No problems with Performance tune and actually pulled better.

Latest posts