Totaled my ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:( Sad news! Needed a place to mourn. Last Friday, I smashed up my truck in an auto accident:( Not sure yet, but it looks like they may total it. It has major front end damage, everything else is still perfect... such a waste :wacko: I just got it last Nov. (It was a new 2007 (Limited 4x4, v-8...) -still on the lot). It only has about 7500 miles on it. I am so sad. Only good news was that no one was seriously injured.

If totaled, I am not sure if I can keep anything from it to offer on this site. I had the tonnoue cover and the bed extender in my garage at the time so the shop doesnt have them.

Thanks for hearing my whine:rolleyes:

Dang man, that really does suck. But yea, it is good to see that nobody was hurt. By the way, did your air bags deploy?

Sorry to hear about that, glad everyones ok. If they total it then time to buy a new ST. My ST was totaled a few years ago by a previous owner, truck is rebuilt and works great for me so far. It was crashed into a parked car!

What a bummer, As long as you are OK and nobody else got hurt, you're lucky. The Truck can be replaced, so hang in there, it will all be a distant memory soon enough!

I've wondered something for a long time. It sure seems like MYST members sure get into a lot of crashes. Not a week goes by in which we don't hear of two or more people smashing up their trucks. Now comsider the small community of active members that we really have.

That's a lot of crashes. Why?

Seamus, sorry to hear about your ride. Glad to hear that there were no injuries. Hopefully they wont total it. If they do, see if you can afford to buy it back from them, and what a write up on the repair that would be! I had a friend way back in high school do that. he then 'donated' it to his dads auto shop class, who made it a project to return to like new condition. Got a free repair and rebuild, kids learned how to work on a damaged ride. Something to think about.

And to Mark, I don't think if you did the math you would find a disproportionate number of accidents per memebership. Its just that we remember the accidents more than all the posts where nothing has occured. And for me, I have had an 'accident', but it was a little rear ender to my rig, so I wouldn't classify that as an accident, just a fender bender. So it may seem like we see a lot of accidents, but I don't think its that many.

Thanks for all the thoughts guys. I should find out today if they can fix it or not. he said it was "significant front end and structural damage plus my airbag deployed" I am not looking forward to hunting for another vehicle, it took me a long time to find this one (price, options, etc) I am not sure how the buy back thing works or what I could do with it if I did. Seems like you need some special equipment... and know how:wacko: I guess you could sell some things for parts, but You'd have to have a place to keep it.

Thanks again for the comments!

Glad no one was hurt. If the insurance totals it. Most likley they wont ask for those items. Seen it happen many times when they didnt.

Well its official, The insurance adjuster called to say he was sending the paperwork to the 'totalled vehicles' dept. He couldnt tell me exactly what their final number would be, but he did say that the 'salvage' value on the remains was only $3850. seems crazy:wacko:

Now I have to go though the whole process of searching for just the right replacement (price, options, etc).... so time consuming cause I keep looking for the "best" deal:D

I keep reminding myself to just be thankful no one was seriously injured.

Hope to get me a new (at least new to me) ST soon:wub:

Latest posts