Torsion bars

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Flash

Reaction score
I have a 02 2wd trac. Shop says my driver side torsion bar is bad, found that LKQ has a lot of them as well as eBay. Problem I'm running into is finding the bar code. I've looked on both bars but no dice, dose anyone know a way to look via the door tag or vin?

Dose it matter if I mix and match bars? The truck is lowered with keys and TT.

Click vehicle, enter VIN, and click minor features. COMPLETE torsion bar part numbers near bottom of page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stock ST's came factory equipped with #1 bars. (Post #65)

T bar ratings range from 1,2 A, B, D , E , F in order. 1 being the stiffest, F being the softest.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be significantly easier and cheaper if you just got longer bolts to adjust the keys and get more out of the bars. If your bolts are maxed out it doesn't mean your keys are maxed out.

Oh if it were that simple. I'm lowered on new keys up from and 4" blocks out back with Monroe helper springs. My driver side bar is trash so I went ahead and got two newer ones with 40k miles on them. I need to raise the front up a tad to get my camber correct.

Not a fan of lifted 2wd tracs, I'm going to a police interceptor look on my truck. Once this bar situation is sorted out I'll be all gravy. Last things I'll need are rear disc brakes and sway bars upgraded

Latest posts