Torries Tunes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have and so have others, But if you don't know what your doing, and have no idea the ramifications of doing so, DONT DO IT !!

Todd Z

If you purchased a tuner from Torrie at FastPartsNetwork, email him with a question, he will answer.

I bought a tuner from Torrie over two years ago. I wanted to up my performance tune from 89 to 91, so I emailed him last week to ask his advice on how much to advance the timing. He responded within the hour with an answer (2-3 degrees).

I also used the SCT programmer to adjust for a increased tire size.

Torrie provides very good customer support. :driving:

Rich m

I also used the SCT programmer to adjust for a increased tire size.

What size are you running on your Gen2? I've been using a 265/60 18 for my past few sets. Costco tried to give me a hard time last week when I put my new ones on because "you can't change tire sizes on Ford Explorer for safety reasons", but I ordered and paid for them online and they noted that I was aware of the risks of running improper sizes on my Ford Explorer and the risk of rollover because of it.

Thanks Firestone/Uhaul/Lawyers and the late 90's! Your legacy lives on!

What size are you running on your Gen2?

I went from 255/50R20 to 265/50R20 ('10 STA). Installer also questioned my choice (and noted it on the invoice), insisting they would not be responsible for resultant problems. I think the guy must have had a law degree. :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went from 255/50R20 to 265/50R20 ('10 STA). Installer also questioned my choice (and noted it on the invoice)

Costco? This was my first set ever from Costco. Never got questioned before about it when I ordered the other tires from TireRack.com and had them installed locally. Not even a question other than that "they might rub some"

I contacted him as well for my big changes coming around. Thought to just pay for new tunes and he just suggested me to change the tire size on the SCT X3. I am going from 265/70/16 to 35/12.50/20. I really didn't know there was an option for changing tire sizes on there.

Thanks guys. And yea, I don't know what I would be doing, that's why I asked. As I have not made any changes to the vehicle other than suspension since I got the Tuner, I doubt there is anything more that can be done.

And one other question, can I use the filter recharger kit from K&N for my Zabteck cold air?

And one other question, can I use the filter recharger kit from K&N for my Zabteck cold air?

If I remember correctly, I believe that Todd used a dry filter in his CAI. So the answer to your question would be no. Hopefully he'll chime in to confirm or deny this.

How do I change the settings for changing tire/wheel size?

Went from 265/70/16 to 35/12.50/20. I emailed Torrie, said to change the size of the tire where you would install the tune. My X3 doesn't give me an option to change the tire size. I go to Program Vehicle, Install Tune, Select 87, it installs tune and its done. No where does it allow me to change tire size. HELP,,, Please...