Tool Box

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Gardner

Reaction score
I have a 2005 st with a factory cover on the bed but I have had the cover off for a couple weeks to make it easier to move mulch and other things. Does anyone have a tool box in there st cause I have 3 tool bags that I like to carry in the truck with some small hand tools and a drill but having them sit in the back seat is a pain when people are sitting back there. I was wondering if the latches for the cover get in the way of the tool box and does the tool box look strange in a small truck bed?

There is a project on a custom wood bed organizer, or you can do a search like I just did in which I came up with several sites that carry truck bed tool boxes.

I like the Cabelas Weatherproof truck / cargo box & storage bag & Mountain Smith modular Hauler System 4. http://www.cabelas.com/ssubcat-1/cat20141.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on keeping the factory cover cause in the fall and winter i will put the cover on since i won't need the bed to haul things. I found a cover that looks like it would be good since it won't take up half the bed.

I know you have an 05 and my tool box is in an 07, but NO! IMO a tool box in a small bed doesn't look strange. My box was/is the best mod I have made to date.........very useful!

I can still close the factory cover and of course lock the tool box when the cover is off the truck. I have drawings/specs for this diamond plate box. Would guess it would fit the 08 as well. /bRAD

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]: