Tonneu Cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Martin

Reaction score
I have an Extang "Freedom" black vinyl tonneau cover for an 04 Sport Trac (should fit 01-06). Cover is in excellent condition (I finally got hold of a lockable factory hard cover). I paid $175 (I have the receipt and all instructional paperwork for the cover). I'm looking at getting $100 plus shipping ( I will have to get an individual shipping estimate due to the long rails). Cover is complete with all hardware, bolts, and extra snaps). Cover NEVER opened up on me compared to the other ones I have had through the years. If only this thing locked I would hold onto it. Thanks.

Great item for pick up in Central NJ if you're close.

Mike,

I live in jersey. WHich tonneu cover is it? I looked for freedom but didnt have it on the website? Im in need of a cover.

The cover has a "Freedom" tag sewn in the lower left corner. I'm at work and don't have the paperwork handy. It's a black vinyl cover, all the rails are silver aluminum as well as the mounting hardware, the screws are all allen-head stainless. The snaps are black plastic and slide along the rail and can be reversed for winter or summer (to keep the cover tight over the rails). There are three rails that span across the bed that keep the cover tight. The vinyl cover can be rolled up and tucked against the cab with two velcro straps. The whole thing should take no more than 15 minutes to install, all you need is an 8mm socket and an allen wrench.

This is a very nice cover, I've had it over a year and zero problems. I just grabbed a locking factory cover from the local salvage yard. I've been looking for a locking cover for two years and finally found one.

I'm in southern Monmouth County. I could even walk you through the install.

Mike.

How far are you from burlington county? seems like this cover would work great for me right now until i get a hard tonneu cover

Alan, when are you looking to get a hard tonneu? I only ask because I have one for sale and am asking $325 for it. I have pics in my profile, you would have to to get it painted to match your truck, just another option.

Alan: I sent you a email at your AOL address from your member library. I left my phone number there. Yes, I'm close to Burlington County.

I see you're Air Force K9, awesome. I was Police K9 15 years ago.

Talk to you soon.

Mike

gavin,

Id LOVE to have that hard tonneu but with a military budget and only one income right now until my wife starts gettin gher hours on base i would have to save up a few checks before getting the cover. Eventually i am wanting to get a hard cover for sure.

Latest posts