Tonneau lock replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john saylor

Reaction score
I need keys for my factory 2007 SP bed cover, seen plenty of pics/instructions however they don't look like mine, must have been a change over the years. Can anyone give me instructions? it seems they easily break on earlier models hope this isn't the case with mine.

The factory tonneau cover locks for the gen 2 ST (2007-2010) use the same key as the rest of the vehicle. I am not aware of anyone finding a locksmith that could/would change the cover locks. Good luck.

I've heard they made the change mid 2007 using the same key as for the ignition, locksmith says no problem if I take out the tumbler, just need to know if it's as simple as removing the two bolts then releasing the clip and pull from the top.

thanks

You can remove the bolts, Remove the cover, Then the clips and the cable connection and take the lock to a locksmith.

Its a little tedious but can be done.

Todd Z

I was in the same boat. I took my truck to a local lock smith and he made keys for my locks. It wasn't easy and he did a lot of trial and error, but he got it. They work great.