Tonneau covers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need a Tonneau cover within a week and a 1/2. Id like one that uses existing bed mount holes, and that folds. (locks too if possible). Any advice or links would be great. Thanks for you feed back.

I've looked into them as well and will likely get this one on my new Trac. I think the OEM cover is just too heavy and a pain to remove when needed. And before I get all kinds of replies about how the OEM cover is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I've had one on my 2001 for 7-years now and am well versed in it's good and bad points. LOL

So if i want the one that is hinged in the middle with factory bed mounts, then I should get it from dealer? Any Idea how much$, or if it locks? Happy New Year!!!:)

I believe the one I mentioned above is $550 or so shipped. It's hinged, locks and weighs one-third the weight of the OEM. It's made of aluminum and stainless steel.

Oh, lol I didnt see the link. That one looks great! I'm think Im gonna get it. Shipping is $118 for residential freight.

539.99 $ 539.99

Sub Total $ 539.99

Shipping/Handling $ 118.00

Sales Tax (0.00%) $ 0.00

Total $ 657.99

Oh I just called the place the guy said they are about to raise their prices so to get orders in befor they update the website this week. Also they have a shipping special $70 instead of $118.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be ordering an Adrenalin in the next couple of weeks and had decided to forgo the OEM tonneau for the reasons I mentioned above. I'll call them and order the K-Covers tonneau to get the ~ $200 off. FYI, I had also looked at this cover but decided I needed a folding cover.

Goku,

I've had an advance from K-Covers on my 01 for about 5 years now and love it. Light, sturdy and very easy to remove by yourself.

Due to a snapped bolt, I recently drilled through the brackets and it's now held on with two large pins instead, which makes it even easier to remove. (No wrenches/sockets needed.) Personally, I'd recommend doing that right off the bat. At the very least, keep your bolts lubed better than I did. :blink:

[Broken External Image]:

I've looked into them as well and will likely get this one on my new Trac. I think the OEM cover is just too heavy and a pain to remove when needed. And before I get all kinds of replies about how the OEM cover is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I've had one on my 2001 for 7-years now and am well versed in it's good and bad points. LOL

Latest posts