Toneau cover quick release project

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics gone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Page 2

Link to library with pics below.

I did a similar setup, but with 3mm climbing accessory cord and no hardware (and no metal cable slapping on the underside). Basically I connected the two sides with the cord and ran it from one side to the other. I reach in and pull the cord anywhere. I can take some pics if you want.

Yep, Pics are not showing.

Gavin,

Yes, you have to open the tailgate, but you don't need to use a key to open the tonneau cover when the tailgate is open.

...Rich

Gavin,

Gen-1 Tonneau covers do not have a safety release on the rear cover half, only on the front cover. (don't ask me why....Ford's better idea, I guess?)

...Rich

Oh... Thanks. Thought I was missing something.

Lesson learned: When hauling bodies or kidnap victims in the Sport Trac, always use a Gen I Trac.

:banana:

Gavin,

Assuming the bodies you are hauling would be dead, I don't think a safety release would matter much....:grin: However, since the Gen-1 Sport Trac does have a safety release on the front half of the tonneau cover, kidnap victims could still get out....the safety release handle is even made of a "Glow-in-the-dark" plastic...so be sure to blindfold and tie them up first...:bwahaha:

...Rich

I did a project for an inerior release. It is a fairly simple project. Look for it by my name under cargo bed.

Latest posts