Tire sensor failure

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Hibbs

Reaction score
Long story to describe. Last week about 80 mile trip, this message came on about 20 miles in, lasted a little while then went out. Same thing on return trip the next day. Both days air temperature about 20F.

Today same trip, same thing only happened about every 15 miles . Return trip today didn't happen. It was cold this morning but about 60F this afternoon.

If its going off and on like that , I would guess one of the tire sensors is actually failing. I drive daily in temps from 32 to -22 f and I have never had any tire sensor faults.

I always run my tires at 36-38 COLD to prevent annoying false lights.

Check them, raise them, and see..

Todd Z

Will try that Todd, but it's not giving a false low tire pressure warning, it's giving a tire sensor fault message, but I'll try it.

Mine were going off for a while, I got four new ones when I got new tires last year, then it was on all the time, took it to the dealer who reprogrammed them for free, got better for a while, now the light is on a lot again so I fixed it with a piece of black electrical tape over the warning light. :supercool:

Latest posts