Throttle Body

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Wallace

Reaction score
I was having issues with loss of fuel mileage, gone from around 17 per gallon to 13 within a few months. I had replaced the plugs, plug wires and done an injector fuel cleaning with no change. The other seemingly unrelated issue was with the cruise control, I could be doing 70 on the interstate tac at 2400rpm and when I would engage the cruise the RPM would automatically go to 3500rpm. There were no engine codes or or other performance issues I had good acceleration good towing power etc. I had read somewhere on this board that disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes or more would reset some of the electronic communications between the engine, tranny and other items. Well it works I disconnected the battery for about an hour and when I reconnected it started right up no problem but then started throwing codes, engine symbol, wrench symbol etc. I was going to drive it to my mechanic less than a mile away but I had no gas pedal, the engine was running smooth at a normal idle but when I put it in gear and pressed the gas pedal nothing happened it just stayed at idle no change. I had it towed the mile to my mechanic this morning and have not heard from him yet. Will keep posting .

Well one throttle body and 500.00 dollars later I have my ride back and all seems well but the test will be this Wednesday I have a 400 mile round trip to drive I will watch performance and fuel mileage close. I hope this solves my issues with mileage and cruise problems.

Glad its fixed, This does happen to the ST......

I sell a lot of performance TB's because of this, Get a new one modded too...lol

Todd Z

Gavin, It is, but the failure is in the motor section.

Todd Z

Manufactors have done us no favors, with modern electronics. With all the lane watching and other things. People are going to forget how to drive, when these things crash.

Latest posts