Thinking about selling the ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
Well, my family is outgrowing the ST, in the sense that with two kids seats, a dog, and an occaisonaly mother in law I have no more room. I have a chance to get an 04 Explorer XLT for a few grand under book value, I wonder how hard it'll be to sell the ST.

One more use for the four foot bed, just need beach chairs. (Kidding)

Honestly, I hate to see unrestrained people and pets riding in the bed.

I use two leashes when my bigger dog is in the bed. One is tied to the right bed hook and the other tied to the left. That way he canrun side to side, but not jump out.

I have another dog (Jack Russell) that once jumped out an open window to get another dog! Luckily I didn't run over him with my rear wheels. I was going about 20 mph in a school zone. Scared the Jack pretty good and me a bit more than that. I kept the windows half closed after that one.

I think the leash idea can work for your M-I-L........

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had a mother-in-law. Then I would not have to deal with a crying wife that misses her Mom every freaking holiday.

Tom

Well, I looked at the Explorer, and it wasn't in as good as shape as they claimed. I'm tired of finding out the seats are all torn, in the typical fashion on the driver side. It also was only a 4.0 and honestly, I'm not buying an Explorer with a 4.0.

Either way, if I were to sell mine I'd list it for about what edmunds.com says it is worth. Last time I took an average of edmunds, kbb, and nada and sold it pretty quick, now the economy isn't so good so I might have a harder time. Edmunds lists it as $7,200 in clean condition, I might bump it to $7,500 since I have a cap and a second set of wheels with it.

Latest posts