That time of year ...again

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score
It's been a couple of years since I had to repaint my calipers...so, I did all four last night, then I had some luck getting a lot of tarnish off my wheels.[Broken External Image]:

Gary, somewhere the bible says ....don't covet neighbors property. but man that is nice.

Thanks guys. I can't believe my Trac is 11 years old this month. Although it only has 46K miles on it, knock wood, I've had no problems at all with it.

Gary, have you looked into Por -15 ?

Todd Z

Gary,

I want to do this, too. Did you take the calipers off to do them or do them by leaving them on and taping off around them?

Thanks!

Murph, I have done it both ways. If you have the time, take them off and maybe, if needed, change your brake pads while you're at it. Hang them from a wire and cover the disc and other wheel parts up with a rag and use blue masking tape where ever you don't want paint. My stock calipers have some sort of rust proof coating on them and the paint really doesn't stick all that well, hence the repainting every couple of years. See the link below, it's to a site you might like. They have some pretty wild colors. I had them send me an orange sample chip of their paint, but I never did order it. If I ever have to replace my calipers, I most likely would get it then.

Check it out. Caliper paint section

www.por15.com