Thanks Coastiejoe!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwain Hagan

Reaction score
Thanks for your level head in helping me with my "CHECK ENGINE AN FLASHING O/D" lights. After all the stress of transmission worries and big bucks it turns out it may be bad gasoline. I had filled up that morning at a bargain gas station and it wasn't long after that I had my problem. I took to our city garage to have it analyzed better (better than auto zone) with their computer and they got all kind of codes. Every mechanic that came by had a different opinion. I asked my favorite mechanic if gas could cause this kind of problem and he said it could. So I ran the tank almost dry and filled up with the good stuff. I cleared my check engine light and I haven't had any problems in 3 days. Maybe it's fixed...time will tell. I'm going to have the codes deleted tues. Anyway, thanks. And for everybody out there...start with the simple cheap fixes first if you can. If I would have gone to a dealer they would have raped me.

Dwain

Cool, Glad that is all it was !!!!!

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is.... Why do you ask....

My first name is Coast

My middle is IE ( latin for E)

and my last name is JOE..

So whats it to you Q???

Coast

Dang!

I never get tired of Q's comments... I take them as sarcasm, because nobody can be so bitter all the time.. Or can he?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

At first I did not know what to make of them, but now I find him a funny guy. :lol:

Q, check out the profiles as to who posted. It wasn't me Francis....

Someone went fishing and caught a sucker.... LOL

Ol' Yeller, very glad you did not jump the gun. It would have cost you $1000.00 and you'd still have bad gas. Now that would have sucked rocks....

Hey, What are you taking me for a sucker???

Q

Note: mine wasn't sarcasm, I really was kinda surprised the first couple times I read your answers, but with time I think i can now appreciate the sardonicism in them. :)

Yeah...wuda sucked big time. I can see a mechanic saying it's this O2 sensor....naw maybe the other one...well crap, I bet it's the ECM. Buncha money later...still bad gas. Hope it holds true.