Swamp Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carl beasley

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
My 4x4 Swamp truck bit the dust last week. 1997 Montero Sport held on for 10 years.

Has anyone lifted a ST 4x4 to fit 33" or larger tires. Air intake must be a minimum of 48" from ground. Got some deep water holes on the trail to camp, South Florida.

Carl

Last edited:
Best consider provisions to prevent
water\mud\dirt intrusion into Trans & TCase+ShiftMotor & Diffs &...
And RustProtection for everything on the lower half of the vehicle!

Last edited:
i can run 35s but run 33 as i wanted 12.5 wide and have been in water a few times, i run a k&n and the intake tube and location with bottom shield works as long as ya do not cause a wave from going to fast and run a pre wrap on filter there not bad for splash just not submerged. if i was going to mud and do a ton of water crossing like in past i would run 35 or 33 x 10.5 works much better. i grew up jeeping and love wheelin and i would build a suzuki or cj 5 as they turn tight and there light, tracs work great but as you know parts break a lot, fixing on the trail is a must sometimes, in long run that montero with danas spooled and small block chevy will save ya headaches.or build a crawler and trailer it.

Thanks for the Trac mud/water report. I'll rebuild the Monty. Got it in the barn today. Teardown starts Saturday.

Latest posts