Surgery on Tuesday

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
They have to rebuild a crushed tibial plateau. Right knee.. Time to drive the TSA crazy with screws and plates they will put in. Anyone been there done that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't been there...yet. Praying for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery.

LaRue:

I had both knees replaced(both partials) in January and was back to work in 5 1/2 weeks(cubicle job). Was driving in 2 weeks. I think yours may be a little more involved but with a good surgeon, you will be fine. Just do your exercises like they tell you.

OLE442

Stay strong and wishing you the best LaRue. Smile, your man Jeff Gordon is kicking A** :grin:

LaRue,

I have never had that surgery, but I have friends who have. They all survived and other than the long recovery time, they were all pleased with the outcome.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, and let us know how it's going.

...Rich

LaRue,

I've not had the surgery, but have had family members that have. So far they have all made it through the airport without being "probed"...

Hope it all goes well for you my friend..

Thanks everyone. Surgery went well, not a LOT of pain. Monday is staple removal day. I know that will hurt. Then I start therapy. Haven't moved my leg in 3 weeks. Been out of work 3 weeks and have a min of 3 more weeks before I can really walk.

Glad to hear you're on your way back to full health LaRue. Do the therapy and you'll be good as new. BTW, I went through the TSA screening and my two partial knee replacements didn't trigger any special attention so, you'll be fine....

I had total knee replacement and would recommend doing all the exersizes and therapy you are given. Also, I found the machine for circulating ice water around the area kept the swelling and pain down. I used the Ossur Cold Rush with knee pad attachment. Love that machine. Works great. Good luck. TSA: I travel a lot on planes and have to go through the X-ray scanners not metal detectors because my knee sounds a huge alarm. I bet those plates will to. Always use the option to be scanned to avoid the whole alarm then hand searching routine as it gets old fast.

Hey guys,,, I'm up and walking again. I have 80% range of motion with no pain (about the same as my good leg) I need an ace bandage type compression support, but I can make it about a half day without crutches. When I use my crutches, they are mainly for stability. Going back to work full speed as of today! The doctor said I am 2 weeks ahead of schedule, but it will still be a year until I am back to "normal". Thanks for all the prayers. BTW:: If anyone tells me I have a screw loose,,, I'M IN TROUBLE...:banana:

4f741890fb1c4c7c3b77182f99262fc7.jpg

Latest posts