Supra sound from a trac???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
I'm totally obsessed with toyota supras(almost as much as my st) and i love the sound coming from their exhaust- i'm wondering if theres any way i could get my 2001 st to roar under accleration like a supra?? both cars are v6s, so could it be done? I know the HKS superdragger is a common exhaust on supras, and i'm wondering if i could put one on a trac, and if that would make it sound like a supra? I'd love to drive a supra sounding trac around town! thanks, Andy

If I remember correctly, there was a set of audio files on the projects section showing what different mufflers sounded like on the ST.

I don't remember the name, but it should still be there, look for it and check if you like something you hear...

First off, Supras are not V6's, they are Inline 6's. Secondly, the motor in the Supra (I'm assuming you're talking about the Gen 4 Supra here...) is either a high compression naturally asipirated style, or a twin turbocharged one. None of the exhuasts made 'for' the ST, or intended for use on the ST, sounds like a Supra...the two comepltely different styles of engines produce two different styles of exhuast notes. To get a 'Supra' sound, you'd have to heavily muffle/baffle/resonate the exhuast, and even then, it will sound muted, hollow, and nothing like the performance tone of even a stock MK IV.

Latest posts