subwoofers in the trac!?!?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan betts

Reaction score
so im looking at trying to put some subs under the rear seats of my 2001 sport trac. i realy want to get two 10'' subs under there. has anyone done this? i also see that there is a single 10'' box here on this site, anyone purchased one of these, how does it sound? any help/ suggestions would be appreciated!!

Many have done what your after, do a search and I have to think you will find lots to read as well as a fair amount of pictures as well.

Get with JDBoxes (site sponsor). I don't think he makes them for under the seat but behind. I have an 8" single from him and it kicks. Well worth it. I thought I'd like to go with 10's but actually I have two 8's. One under the seat and one behind and it makes looking out the rearview mirror impossible at times.;)

look for a former member by the user name of jerry. He once had a dual 10" box under the seat. In fact, I do believe he still has it and is looking to sell the box.

Jason

Jerry had a dual 12" underneath his seats. Most of the dual 10's that I have seen have been behind the seats rather than underneath. JDBoxes produces this type of box and several others have made their own.

As stated above it can be done and has been done.

I don't like underseat boxes, for some reason we don't get along. So if you want something from me it either has to go behind the seats or replace the console.

I'm sure members would be willing to give you measurements if you wanted to build an underseat yourself though.

Or if you want to build a behind the seat just look at the link.

Thanks for the info! JK II, did you do that box yourself or have a shop do it? also you did you have to mess with the seats, and what was the cost ( if you had a shop do it)?

I had someone fiberglass the bottom of it to get the shape of the floor. As for the seats we just cut some of the bars and now they rest on top of the box.

I've got a single 10" box under my rear passenger seat (MTX Speaker). Sounds incredible compares to when I just had a box sitting on the rear seat.

I too am interested in this....

Anyone have the schematics for a dual 10" box that doesn't require cutting for the back seats? I'm hoping to build one this winter/coming spring and retain full functionality of the rear seats (sit upright normally and fold as they normally would) without any cutting invloved.

Or, the schems for a box that sits under the rear driver's side seat? I've already seen the plans for the passenger side...

Last edited by a moderator:
See my above post it has a link to a picture with dimentions. It requires removing the storage compartments but no cutting.

See my above post it has a link to a picture with dimentions. It requires removing the storage compartments but no cutting.

See, I already have things stuffed in those storage compartments, like jumper cables, bungees, tow rope, etc (I live in WI with people who don't know how to stay out of the ditch or that they can't leave their lights on overnight in the middle of winter) so I don't want to lose the storage. That's why I'm looking for specs on the "under-the-seat" sub box, hopefully for 2 10"-ers. If I can only get 1 10", then that settles that, but I wonder how many dual 10" under-the-seat boxes have been made, other than the one already posted in this thread.

There are specs in my library for a dual, behind the rear seat, box. You only lose the storage behind the driver's rear, you still have storage behind the passenger rear seat.

[Broken External Image]:

Under the rear seat 10" enclosure dimensions. Courtesy of John Walker. Very similar to the CWells enclosure that I have.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts