Strut lift questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBG

Reaction score
2007 sport trac XLT 4x4 4.0 v6 90,000miles . Recently did a 3” front and 2” rear level kit and BTF uca’s and an alignment. Everything runs good except that the truck bounces like crazy, could it be my struts were already worn out before the lift or did the lift mess them up and I require longer struts??

I would think you need to shop for struts, for the amount of lift. The oem struts are probably out side of there control range.
Try SDtruck springs. They have a variety of struts and shocks. You can plug in your lift amount. They will give you recomendations.

How was the struts re installed ??? was the suspension tightened in the air and then loaded ??? if they are torqued in the air you will damage things and it will ride stiff and bounce.

I’m not too sure how they were reinstalled, I will ask the shop today. Should it be running fine with the spacers alone and not longer struts???

The spacer goes on top of the strut plate so the length of the strut does not matter UNLESS you installed new Monroe assemblies or rancho quick lifts. then its another world of hurt... the Gen 2 suspension is not a 1-1 lift ratio. it gets real funky when you mess with it.

Thanks guys, I asked the shop and they did torque them on the ground. I didn’t get any of those kinds of lifts just the spacers on the struts. So now I think the only option is to get new struts? :(

That sucks, All that labor for nothing.....Now they have to re do the whole thing...... Should have replaced the struts too..

Latest posts