Stock cold air intake

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Hare

Reaction score
I still have the original air intake silencer in the air box. If taking that out gives a little more intake, what would be the problem with making that hole a little larger after removing silencer?

It's all behind the headlite, right? Would there be an issue with water entering the air box possibly if you made that hole larger? I haven't even pulled it out to look yet, but just thinking out loud.

I'd like to increase the air intake, retain the original CAI box, but avoid all the work of going thru the inner fender. Any thoughts? Thanks, Robert

On my '04 Sport Trac Adrenalin, I removed the silence and and drilled several 1.5" holes in the box with a paddle bit. Never had a problem with H2O.

Nice, good to hear somebody tried it and it works. My only other concern would be mice getting in. But that could be easily handled with a screen. Thanks

I just threw on a new K&N intake with piping and filter. Kept the factory box the intact just in case I were to get rid of the vehicle. I have been in water up to 3 feet and haven't had a problem. On the air filter out of the box, they do make a cover to put on the filter to keep stuff out of it, like mud or water to an extent.

Latest posts