STEREO REPLACEMENT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Brady 2

Reaction score
The CD player in my 2005 Sport Trac no longer works. I have been searching for a used replacement. Doe anyone know if it matters what year the unit came out of? I just want to make sure it will fit in my 2005. Mine is a single CD player, but I wouldn't mind installing a 6 CD player if I can find one that fits.

Radios from 2001 to 2005 STs and Rangers (and some other Ford vehicles) will work as long as your unit is not Pioneer audiophile (it will say Pioneer on the front - if it is a single CD unit without subwoofer, it's not).

My 2005 ST came with a cd/cassette combo unit, I traded it out for a 6 disc player from a Ford Escape. It was plug and play.

For an example, search for eBay item number 141462937241 or 191401847838. Each has the type of wiring connector you need. If you are patient, you can buy one for under $100.

You need to compare your wiring plug and the back of the radio. I bought a stereo unit that I took out of a '97 Mountaineer at the salvage yard to replace the one gone bad in my son's '97 Mountaineer. Both vehicles had the remote CD changer in the console. They looked identical from the front, but had different wiring receptacles on the back. That may not carry over to the STs, but it's something to look at.

Other than watching for that, there are a lot of Fords that have radios that interchange, like some F150s, Expeditions, Explorers, etc. I had an interchange list at one time, but don't know where I got it.

Latest posts