Step by Step on replacing Adrenalin Pioneer 6 disc with aftermarket HU

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Gabel

Reaction score
I have an 04 Adrenalin with the Pioneer 6 disc unit in it. I am looking to replace it with an aftermarket pioneer unit. After trying to install the head unit with a metra 70-5517, I got no sound from the radio. The radio itself has power and worked in my previous explorer. I posted on explorer forum and received a reply saying they used a line output converter but I am not sure of the purpose. Can anyone give me a step by step on what is needed to replace the factor head unit in my Sport Trac? I am leaving for vacation thursday and would like to be able to use my blue tooth and music for the trip. Thank you

I kind of have the same problem. Just updated my adrenlin player with an aftermarket stereo. I got the rear and sub woofer working but no sound out the two front speakers. I redid all my connections and hookup everything again just in case and still the same results...

When I get a chance I will check for blown fuses.

Anyone with any suggestions?

I had a local stereo shop do my install of replacing the Factory Adrenalin radio. I replaced with an Alpine fold out 7 inch screen. I can't tell you what they did. They also took out the factory amp and installed an aftermarket PPI amp.

A line out converter would not make a difference. It should just be a plug in play connector.

Latest posts