Steering Wheel Radio Controls

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanity

Reaction score
Fellow Trac-ers -

I own a 2002 1st Gen Sport Trac 4wd that had all the available options off the assembly line; Pioneer 6 disc dash mounted player with the amp/sub woofer pkg. This vehicle generation has the Cruiz Control (On/Off, Set, and Resume) buttons mounted on the steering wheel, but this was prior to vehicles where the audio and phone controls ever became integrated in the steering column. I just replaced my factory deck with a Pioneer AVH2330 NEX system. And to hush out annoying cabin noise, I installed Dynamat sound proofing material throughout the floor and rear cabin. WHAT A DIFFERENCE and awesome upgrade to overall sound with my stock speakers. Now the cabin is dead quiet minimizing road noise. Now to bring me up to date I would like audio controls for the steering wheel - a must have in this day and age considering stereo manufacturers have done away with knobs and it's all touchscreen. Thought of replacing the steering wheel to get the added buttons as a total integrated solution, but no luck even with junkyard searchers. I've only seen 2 aftermarket type products to address the need, but neither inspire great confidence nor mounting elegance. U guys are always doing amazing MODs. Anyone else had success with finding a better solution and installing it? Any cost effective non electrical expert suggestions?

Latest posts