STA Advice

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic Sorlie

Reaction score
Looking for advice from Adrenalin owners on buying decision for an '08 STA (30K miles) that I found for sale. My current ride is an '07 Gen2 V6 2wd, 62K miles.

Thinking about moving up to the STA then selling my current ST, which is now a well-sorted reliable daily driver. It's a great car for me - just wish it gave a little better fuel mileage than the 18-19 I get in town and highway. Could I expect about the same from the V8?

I'd appreciate any thoughts on the Adrenalin. Thanks.

My last two gen2 STAs got about the same fuel economy has my V6 gen1 did. Maybe slightly better by 1mpg avg.

The power is no contest though. The v8 rocks!

Before I Modded and Modded - I was breaking 22 all the time on trips holding the speed limit - In town was 16-18 and you might be as lucky - several people on this forum report the same with sensible driving

If I was to get a gen2. It would be a V8. The mpg is close or even better. I would go for the Adrenlin.

Edit; save your amsoil filter system....

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely - it's easily taken off and set aside for the next one! It'd be really easy to put on a V8, as the filter adapter plate is the same as on the V6; I'd just need to find a new mounting spot and maybe cut new hoses.

I have an 08 STA V8 Awd. Love the truck, hate the fuel economy. I get 13-14 mpg in town and 18-19 highway, and I tend to go easy on the throttle, and always use the cruise control on the highway.

I have a STA v6 2008 and get 17-18 mpg city and 20-21 highway which I think is not bad at all considering my partner has a 2010 Buick LaCrosse that weighs considerably less and gets 18 city 21 highway. So, in perspective not bad at all when you consider the weight of the STA versus a car. Love the STA and still get people asking me where they can get one as I never see any other STA around here ever.

Vic, I bought my black '10 STA based on pure looks vs. the Gen 1 or even the Gen 2. Our son now even says it's the best riding vehicle he's ever ridden in or driven. Either he hasn't ridden or driven many in his 24 years here on earth or he's on to something here.

It's one of the two nicest looking vehicles I've ever owned. I've had a '75 Ford LTD Landau [black on black], '80 Buick Regal Somerset [biege & blue Special Edition ext. & int.], '90 Cutlass Supreme [navy blue w/red strip all the way around the vehicle], '93 [2 dr] Explorer Sport [navy blue w/red strip in lower door panel], '01 Gen 1 ST [deep wedgewood blue] & a '04 Nissan Maxima SL[spirited bronze].

I've always tried to buy something looks wise [color, etc] that you don't see one of every day going down the road. And I've definetly suceeded w/my '10 STA.

As far as mpg it's slighty better than my '01 ST or our son's '05 ST XLT. Obviously I/we didn't need another ST, but w/Ford ceasing to make them, I couldn't resist owning a STA so I bought one of the last ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy it- you will love it- my STA is the 3rd ST for me and by far the best. Its nice to get comments on it when I fill up, and most people don't know what it is, but they love it. My fuel mileage is about 18-20mpg, the same as my '05 was. The only vehicle I have liked better was my Porsche 911 turbo cabriolet.

Latest posts