ST pics

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampTrac

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
New pics of the trac. Btw, the light bar under the tailgate is awesome. Very bright, with amber sequential turns/hazard and white reverse light. Sticks right to the bumper lip. Anybody else got st pics to share?
1000000322.jpg
1000000321.jpg
1000000323.jpg

I'd like to find out more on the light bar.

As of 3 weeks ago.
IMG_2529.JPG

When I first got the ST
IMG_2477.JPG

I'd also like to know more about the light bar. Seems like a very nice upgrade.

Heres some close up pics of the light bar. Excuse my filthy, wet truck. Lots of rain down here in carolina. Wanted to post a video, but you cant upload mp4s on here apparently. Ive had the bar a year, and all the lights are working and its still stuck very securely to the bumper. No problems with moisture inside either.
20240309_144940.jpg
20240309_144931.jpg

Any particular brand? I know there is a few different ones out there.

Yes I'm interested as well and your fog lamps in front. Any links to find those?

Thanks

Yes I'm interested as well and your fog lamps in front. Any links to find those?

Thanks
The fog lights are the regular halogen bulbs. I put these yellow covers on to change the color. To stick them on you have to take out the whole fog light assembly which is a pain. Looks cool when youre done tho, and supposedly increases visibility in fog. Heres a before/after without the lights on.
20231228_115037.jpg

Ive got a 3 row tailgate light bar that has turns,back up, and brake light on my ST. Very satisfied with it and it’s been on the truck for 4 years with no problem. Check out Opt7 lightning as they have some great lights and service is great along with support.

Hi, I just purchased this light bar.
It appears to be a simple installation except the reverse wire,
Where can I connect that wire...which is outside the usual trailer connector.
Thanks,
Murph
On my 1st gen, I was able to run the wire up from underneath the truck into the drivers side tail light. Then I just tapped into the reverse light wire with one of those quick splice wire connectors.
20240316_104438.jpg
20240316_105029.jpg

Last edited:
On my 1st gen, I was able to run the wire up from underneath the truck into the drivers side tail light. Then I just tapped into the reverse light wire with one of those quick splice wire connectors. Imma try to get some pics
Thanks, Swamp Trac,
I was thinking to trim back the wires that go into the trailer plug and tap into the wires behind the trailer plug receiver and splice into those wires, so if I have to attach a trailer, I don't have to juggle the connectors.
Does this make sense?
Murph

Thanks, Swamp Trac,
I was thinking to trim back the wires that go into the trailer plug and tap into the wires behind the trailer plug receiver and splice into those wires, so if I have to attach a trailer, I don't have to juggle the connectors.
Does this make sense?
Murph
Yeah thats a good idea. It would look cleaner too. But if you ever need to replace the light bar, those splices are permanent. Just thinking out loud :) btw I added some pics to my last post

I must have blown the fuse to the back up lights, I tested the wire using a multimeter on one of the wires, I think it was blue, but then when I tapped into it, I lost all the back up lights. Do you know off hand where that fuse is....just in case you blew yours.
I'll look it up.
Otherwise I am looking forward to see how it looks tonight.
Oh, and Happy Saint Patrick's Day...if you celebrate it.
Murph

I must have blown the fuse to the back up lights, I tested the wire using a multimeter on one of the wires, I think it was blue, but then when I tapped into it, I lost all the back up lights. Do you know off hand where that fuse is....just in case you blew yours.
I'll look it up.
Otherwise I am looking forward to see how it looks tonight.
Oh, and Happy Saint Patrick's Day...if you celebrate it.
Murph
No Im not sure where that fuse is. Hope you can find it easily. Happy St Pattys Day!

Latest posts