Sportrac Backcover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arthur Chan

Reaction score
Gud day, I'm from the Philippines, I bought Ford Explorer Sportrac 4x2 2 years ago, but my explorer don't have a backcover. I want to buy a backcover on my explorer sportrac but don't know where to buy it, all the Ford Branches here in the Philippines does't sell Ford Explorer Sportrac anymore. Can you suggest where to buy a backcover for my explorer sportrac? tnx...

Arthur,

You are in quite a position. Leer, Snuglid, and a few others make covers for the Trac. I don't know if you can buy anything like that in the Philippines or not. Check the projects. A member here made a custom cover out of plywood. I am sure plywood is cheaper then trying to import a cover.

Shipping on a cover will cost more then it is worth.

Tom

Arthur, Did you call Ford Philippines and find out if they could get one for you? They might still have leftover tonneau covers in stock. Making one out of plywood as Tom suggested would be you best option since it will probably triple the cost :( bringing those available here to our homeland, specially now that VAT is in effect. Good Luck.

Get an Advance Cover! I have one and IMHO I think they are much better than the FORD cover. They are lower in profile than the Ford Tonnoue Cover and less than half the weight (about 35 lbs vs 75 lbs). They are also half the cost ( about $600 vs $1200). They mount in the holes that are already there on the bed for the FORD cover so you all you need are simple hand tools to install it. Elite Covers here at this site is a sponser and sells them. Click on their link in the Site Sponsors section of this site. They have excellent customer service and can even get you spare parts for them if you need them later. The Lever Lift Company is also a site sponsor and active member so you can get those as well. They are the best mod you can do for your cover. If you are worried about the VAT the maybe you can get around it by having a friend or relative in the States bring it with them a la "balikbayan" when they go "back home" to "Pinas". :)

Maybe you could try getting one from the Ford dealer on Guam. The Ford dealer is Triple J Ford.

i made my first cover before i got a good price on a fiberglass one.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts