Sport Trac gone... replaced with a Focus and this!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Zatyko

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been a member since I got my Sport Trac back in April 2003, but I traded her in for a 2006 Focus ZX4 SES. I had to get a better bang for my buck when it came to fuel economy especially since I'm averaging around 550 miles a week. By saving in fuel costs and with a lower monthly payment I got approval from the wife to purchase a 1965 Mustang Fastback. It's an automatic with a 289. The previous owner had the rear end totally replaced (new springs, shocks, diff and rear disc brakes). Here's one picture of the car there are 3 more views in my library if you care to take a look.

Joe

[Broken External Image]:

Beauty! :cool: I used to have a '65 GT coupe with the 289 k code and a 4-speed. Oh do I wish I would have never sold it.

WOW that ST must have been getting 9 gallons to the mile to save that much money!!!!

Nice car though..

Todd Z

Yes. My wife drives the 2005 GT and when it's nice out I get to drive the 65. The 2005 GT is a lease which ends in October and right now we are debating on whether to get another hardtop or a convertible. Our next Mustang will be a buy instead of a lease though.

Nice looking car indeed. My dad use to have a 66, 67 and 68 fastback Mustang than he got sent to Vietnam and my grandfather sold them while he was gone he was so pissed. My grandfather still has a 1969 Ford F-150 that has been kept REALLY good he keeps saying he will be handing it down to me when he passes cause I LOVE that truck. Not too long ago my dad bought a 1967 Fastback (mid-life crisis?) with a 351W in it. Mom hates it.

Here are some older pictures from last year.

Sweet. I once had a white 65 Stang. Wish I had kept it.

Of course in 40 years someone may consider my ST a classic. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Q, didn't you purchase a Jeep? What were your needs with that? To each his own.

My Nomad makes no sense either, but it sure feels good when I romp on the gas and make that 50 year old car launch like a....a.... a fast 50 year old car that I like to drive. :D:cool:

There is a difference between buying a pleasure car and driving something every day. A pleasure car is just that...for pleasure. If you start to drive it every day as your personal car, that is different.

Some people would rather call people names, make snide comments, and fail to see that they are doing the same thing.

Tom

Hmm, guy posts great pic of a beautiful classic car, and somehow a pointless pissing contest breaks out.:blink:

[Broken External Image]:

I sure wish I had a car like that to drive on a sunny day!:cool:

Wow, I'd take that Red Mustang over any Sport Trac!

I would almost, note I said almost, agree with you. If I could only figure out a way to load a yard of dirt in the trunk and haul a car on the trailer.

Tom

I have similar interests along with my 07 ST I have a set of Mustangs 65 and 67 (both Coupes) a 90 GT Mustang and my 01 Lightning Gotta love having toys

That's a beautiful car, Joe! Obviously, from your initial post, your main goal was to purchase something that would give you better mileage as your daily driver, and you certainly did that with the Focus. You were also able to work into the deal a classic automobile which to many, myself included, is one of the coolest machines every to roll off the Ford assembly line. I bet it made perfect sense to you! :)

Oh my gosh that is a beautiful car!!! I am so jealous right now. When I saw the pic my eyes buggged and I yelled "Lucky bastard!" My God that's gorgeous. I'm not normally a big fan of the fastback, but that thing looks amazing. Your wife deserves some huge props for giving you the greenlight on that one!!

Have fun with it :)

-Heather in OC

Latest posts