Sport Trac Envy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreman

Reaction score
I was driving in to work this morning in my little rental appliance, when someone drives past in their Sport Trac. "Must be nice, you get to drive yours" went through my head. They say it will be Wednesday before I get it back from the body shop. How will I last that long?

In my job I travel all over the country so I'm always in rental cars for about 3 weeks out of every month. Most of the rentals are pretty nice and have some features that would be nice on my 04 Trac but they just don't compare when you factor in the advantages of the Sport Trac. Ease of entering and exiting the vehicle and just the overall driving experience and the convenience of the fold down rear seats, improved visibility because of the ride height. Ease of loading and unloading luggage, etc..... If it was possible I would drive the Trac everywhere. The company I work for does reimburse me for any expenses when I drive my own vehicle but it just isn't practical for the most part. Whenever I'm working in state though I do drive the Trac. I haven't had any rentals that I would prefer to own over a Sport Trac.:supercool:

I know what you mean. I enjoy my trac. Perfect size for me. Before I bought it, I always said, if I ever buy a truck I want something smaller than full size. I wasnt turned on by Rangers and others. I wanted cab space. Then one day out of the blue I noticed the Trac. Many freinds that have trucks, like mine after they ride in it.

The gen 2 is nice. I would go for the STA, but I like the size of my gen 1.

Trying to get in and out of this little car is annoying. At 6'2" and 260 lbs I'm not a small guy. I have to fold up just right to get in or out. And I'm not used to the ATM being higher than I am! And you can't see anything behind you through that little back window! The Trac is much friendlier!

dreman..... You've got it easy. I'm 6"5"and 280 lbs. Try folding that into some autos. LOL The company I work is at least smart enough that they always reserve me larger vehicles. Usually in the Malibu, Grand Marquis or Murano range. Thank goodness.

I can relate to your situation. I also travel alot and am out of town now. I usually can't wait to get home and get back into my Trac.

This morning my wife called while she was driving to work., something sounded different so I asked her why. Turns out she was driving :driving: my Trac and was on the sync.

The feeling that came over me was one of jealousy, I almost felt as though she was making out with my girl friend :cry:... I was upset and what made it worse is that she drove it to Jacksonville... we live in Orlando... you know how far that is:fire:?

I've never even driven it that far in one ride.

She put more miles on it in one day than I do in a month.:soap:

Ok better now, but I still feel violated. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator: